Saturday, January 12, 2008

Plus one.

Eighteen years and counting.

So I am officially an adult today. I can't say my birthday was the best because it wasn't. It had its ups and downs; more downs than I would have anticipated, but what can I do. The day started out fine. Nothing special except for the fact that I was really tired. Everyone said happy birthday, gave hugs, the usual sentiments. It seemed like my bad luck emerged during Health when I couldn't get my PowerPoint to work until ten minutes later. It was stupid. I hate technology. I still got a hundred on that though. Good for me, I suppose. After that, everything just sort of went downhill with copying my calculus homework and my failure to concentrate on studying for my AP Physics quiz. A few minutes after the quiz began, the stupid fire alarm goes off and we're stuck in the pouring rain for give or take ten minutes. And it's cold. And I had no coat. And I was wearing white. What a bitch that was. The good thing that came out of that was Laverick turned it into a take home test which I'm really thankful for because I don't understand collisions. Anyway, linguistics was just stupid. It's an easy A, but just a waste of my time, honestly. Frankie did surprise me though so that made up for the bad parts of the day.

I slept for an hour of my dinner party. It's not that I was ungrateful for it; I love my parents for doing that, but I guess I was just in a bad mood. My mom had me print out 70 copies of some flier for church so that took up time. Blah blah blah. My eighteenth birthday wasn't what I expected it to be, but I guess I just have to accept the fact that it wasn't amazing. Thanks to everyone though for all the birthday wishes.

Now, I have $257 and two shirts that I probably will never wear. Hah.

After the discussion I had in the senior lounge with Suzy, Matt, and Emmanuel, I guess I shouldn't worry so much about my future or expect things not to happen. I like to dream.


"Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die tomorrow."
- James Dean.



No comments: