Sunday, February 17, 2008

Razón.

"You're getting older, and you'll see that life isn't like your fairy tales. The world is a cruel place. And you'll learn that, even if it hurts."
- Pan's Labyrinth.

I watched it for the second time today. That movie will be one of my most favorite movies ever. I love the concept as well as the message Guillermo sends out to the audience, even though it is a little too graphic. I watched the director's commentary this time around and he pointed out a lot of things that I didn't notice while watching the film. Movies that make me think and have so much substance in it is amazing.

Besides that, the weekend was pretty much uneventful. I am somewhat upset at how things are going or not going for that matter. Am I doing something wrong? It must be something except I just don't know what. It's aggravating. I really don't know. =/ I hope it's not what I think it is cause that would just destroy me. I want to cry, but I don't want to be stupid. UGH. This is probably extremely vague, but it's for a reason.

I went to a get-together today with my dad's old neighbors/childhood friends from Philippines. It was boring for the most part since there was no one there my age, but I listened to the stories they told each other. Granted, it was in another language so I may have misinterpreted a few things, but it was better than sitting around and just eating. I'd really like to learn more about my family history. I know some stuff like my Spanish blood and how my dad grew up, but I want to know more. Everything, if possible. They were talking about my grandmother (dad's side) and it upsets me how much I don't know about her and how I don't remember her at all. She passed away in 1995 and I moved from Philippines in 1993 so I don't remember anything about her. I know more about her side of the family than my grandfather's side though. Both have heavy Spanish influences, I know that much. And come from pretty wealthy families. That's about it though. I guess I just want to know more about myself and where I come from. I think it's interesting.

Anyway, we'll see how everything goes about this week. Let's hope this weekend will make up for this one past.


Edit.
I laugh every time I look at my report card. I really have no idea how I'm doing better in my AP classes than my regular classes. And a 91 in AP Physics? I don't know how I pulled that off. My 84 on my Calculus midterm was surprising; I thought I failed. I'll do better this marking period. I have to cause stupid Rutgers is making me. :(

No comments: